To provide financial assistance to college bound students who are members of First African Baptist Church
It is our goal to provide first class Christian catering for any occasion in our facility. (Wedding Receptions, Fashion Extravanganzas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Banquets, Luncheons, Showers, Baby Christening/Dedication Celebrations, Funeral Repasts and Corporate Events)
Seating for up to 400 guests. Smaller banquet room seats up to 60 guests. Temperature controlled banquet rooms. Ten foot presentation screen. Sound system, piano, round tables and banquet tabes available. Also will provide coat check services and we are wheel chair accessible. Free parking.
For additional information please call (610) 461-0352
ELIGIBILITY FOR B.W. WATKINS SCHOLARSHIP
1. Candidate must be a member of First African Baptist Church for a minimum of six (6) months and in good standing meeting all of the following criteria:
a. Candidate must have made a financial commitment to the church
b. Candidate attends church as often as possible
c. Candidate participates in the activities of the church
2. Candidate must have entered school by the age of twenty-one (21).
3. Candidate must be a full-time student and enrolled into a two, four, or combined five-year Bachelors/Masters undergraduate program at an accredited institution of higher learning, carrying at least 12 credits per semester.
4. Candidate entering other institutions of higher learning (i.e., community or junior college) and will transfer to a four (4) year accredited college, will receive a maximum of eight (8) stipends.
a. Candidate entering a four (4) year program at an accredited college will receive a maximum of eight (8) stipends.
b. Candidate entering other institutions of higher learning (i.e., community or junior college, trade school, business, technical or vocational) must complete all curriculum requirements and receive a maximum of four (4) stipends.
c. Candidate entering a five (5) year program at an accredited college will receive a maximum of ten (10) stipends.
5. Candidate must complete a B. W. Watkins Scholarship Ministry REQUEST FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE application by the following deadlines:
• 3rd Sunday in August for fall semester
• 3rd Sunday in January for spring semester
6. Candidate must show proof of admission to his/her selected school by submitting a course schedule. No scholarship will be given without proof of admission.
7. Candidate must maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA. No scholarship will be given without a current transcript.